Hi, I'm Elise!
"Sometimes I’ll start a sentence and I don’t even know where it’s going. I just hope I find it along the way.” - Michael Gary Scott
That's generally how I feel writing bios. There's a fine balance between listing your credentials and bragging, isn't there? The long and short of it is, I’m a photographer. But also a content creator, magic maker + natural light lover based in the PNW.
My background is in both journalism and marketing. I know how to make a product shine through compelling storytelling. Having worked as the in-house photographer for the adventure brand Outdoor Research, I know how to capture product in an authentic way, using natural light and movement. Today’s audience is looking for a real story, a moment they can see themselves in, an adventure they want to go on. I excel at creating just that.
I am not an “influencer.” Working with brands like Eddie Bauer, NEMO Equipment, Good + Well Co. and more, I am adept at using my talent and skill to capture a brand’s voice in beautiful places. My marketing chops have instilled within me the ability to take direction, receive critique and produce a product that you can use across a variety of channels. Have an upcoming project? Let's share a cup of coffee or an IPA and hash out all of the colorful details.
- I ran a newspaper for three years in Southeast Alaska, writing every story, taking every photo, laying out each issue, printing it in the Yukon Territory two hours away, and delivering it to the 900-person town.
- Before becoming editor of The Skagway News, I worked one summer as a tour guide for a brothel museum. I gave two-hour walking tours to visitors, detailing the history of gold rush-era prostitution.
- I've seen every season of The Office more than 10 times. Dwight is my favorite.
- I hiked from Georgia to West Virginia on the Appalachian Trail the summer before my junior year of college.
- I received my Bachelor's in Journalism from The University of Florida. Go Gators!
- First in-house photographer and videographer for Outdoor Research. My first ever viral shoot happened during my first two weeks on the job.
Canoe Roots Magazine
The Whitehorse Star
The Gainesville Sun
The St. Augustine Record
The Independent Florida Alligator
Alaska Press Club Awards
Alaska Press Club Awards
FIRST PLACE Best Profile 2016
FIRST PLACE Best Sports Photo 2016
FIRST PLACE Best Feature Photo 2014
SECOND PLACE Best Sports Photo 2016
SECOND PLACE Best Scenic Photo 2016
THIRD PLACE Best Feature Photo 2016